What is a DME Unlock?
Why do I need it?
Two reasons. You have a late model BMW, or your earlier model BMW has been locked by the dealership. We’ve got the answer, either way.
BMW’s Factory Diagnostic Software (BMW ISTA+) recommends to the technicians that the software of the vehicle be brought up-to-date with the most recent version of software available from BMW, before any sort of diagnostics or service are conducted. Moreover, the BMW Technician is actually paid by BMW to perform this update, at no cost to you.
By all means, this sounds like great customer service! However, it is actually quite the contrary when you want to tune. The software updates in modules often offer no change in operation and are conducted only to make vehicle tuning a bit more difficult.
What’s the Solution?
Although this may be true, Cedar Performance has the tools and connections required to fix this problem.
All vehicles with a production date before 06/2020 can have their DME’s unlocked very quickly, and very easily.
Simply bring the entire vehicle, or the computer alone, to our headquarters in Dallas (Appointment Only!). After that, we will perform the unlock service and the computer will be available for OBD Programming from your tuner of choice. Simple and easy.
The ‘Bench Unlock’ process is conducted in preparation of Bootmod3 (or the less-common MHD platform). As such, we have bundled our bench unlock with Bootmod3 accounts to offer a bit of savings! See below:
Shipping purchased at checkout is used for return shipping back to you. You must ship your package to us separately.
DME Unlock + Bootmod3 Account Bundle Link: CLICK HERE!
Looking for a DME Unlock for a vehicle produced AFTER 06/2020? CLICK HERE!
- Charge is PER DME, V8 Customers will be subject to TWO Unlock charges.
- Unlocks can be provided in person at our location in Dallas, Texas.
Alternatively, Services can also be be provided through the mail, with same-day service as well. Simply ship your DME/ECU to our Dallas Headquarters. We will unlock the DME and ship it back same day.
ProTuningFreaks Bootmod3 Tune License:
World’s First, Most Advanced and Widely Adopted cloud-based flash tuning platform for the BMW F and G series vehicles.
** DME Unlock may be required for Bootmod3 Tune OBD Flash Tuning. DME Unlock Available Here.
ProTuningFreaks’ latest development, Bootmod3 Tune, includes the addition of the bootmod3 CustomROM features that add advanced end user and tuning features such as:
- AntiLag – build boost while stationary or rolling by using steering wheel cruise button press and the Accelerator pedal allowing for insta-boost when roll racing or launching
- Map Switching – On-The-Fly using steering wheel cruise control buttons. Flash the vehicle once and have access to 4 switchable maps on the steering wheel changing the calibration entirely from one map slot to the next
- Flex Fuel Tuning – Tune for any Ethanol blend by having a Flex Fuel sensor report Ethanol % to the engine control unit (DME) and have it manage the tune from regular petrol (0% Ethanol) to 100%, without re-flashing
- New Map Editor – advanced tuning editor with close to 5000 tuning tables available
- Datalogging of over 80 advanced (RAM) channels and hundreds of others available at highest throughput of any tool available on the market today
- Ethanol In-Dash Indicator – software changes applied to the DME to allow checking of your Ethanol content as reported by the Flex Fuel Sensor in the vehicle’s dash on the RPM gauge (e.g. 2000rpm = 20% ethanol, 5500rpm = 55% ethanol)
- Transmission Torque Limiter disabled in software
- For details on CustomROM visit PTF Wiki by clicking HERE
Build the ultimate tune for your B58 engine powered vehicle and go from stock to full race calibration, and everywhere in between, with a map switch in the provided mobile app. bootmod3 calibrates the factory vehicle modules over the OBD port in a matter of minutes in the convenience of your driveway or anywhere internet access is available.
- Stage 1 91 octane: up to 18% HP / 26% TQ
- Stage 1 93 octane: up to 20% HP / 26% TQ
- Stage 1 E30 octane: up to 25% HP / 30% TQ
- Stage 2 91 octane: up to 24% HP / 32% TQ
- Stage 2 93 octane: up to 26% HP / 32% TQ
- Stage 2 E30 octane: up to 30% HP / 35% TQ
- Stage 2 Racegas: up to 30% HP / 35% TQ
- Stage 2+ 91 octane: up to 37% HP / 62% TQ
- Stage 2+ 93 octane: up to 43%HP / 68% TQ
- Stage 2+ E30 octane: up to 47%HP / 73% TQ
- AGG (Aggressive burble) versions of maps available
B58-D Engine Vehicles (2020+ G20 M340, X3 M40i, X4 M40i)
- Stage 1 91 octane: up to 18% HP / 28% TQ
- Stage 1 93 octane: up to 21% HP / 30% TQ
- Stage 1 E30 octane: up to 28% HP / 34% TQ
- Stage 2 91 octane: up to 22% HP / 33% TQ
- Stage 2 93 octane: up to 25% HP / 35% TQ
- Stage 2 E30 octane: up to 31% HP / 38% TQ
- Stage 1 91 octane: up to 14% HP / 26% TQ
- Stage 1 93 octane: up to 16% HP / 26% TQ
- Stage 1 E30 octane: up to 20% HP / 28% TQ
- Stage 2 91 octane: up to 16% HP / 28% TQ
- Stage 2 93 octane: up to 18% HP / 28% TQ
- Stage 2 E30 octane: up to 22% HP / 30% TQ
- Stage 1 91 octane: up to 42% HP / 46% TQ
- Stage 1 93 octane: up to 46% HP / 48% TQ
- Stage 1 E30 octane: up to 53 % HP / 50% TQ
- Stage 2 91 octane: up to 50% HP / 48% TQ
- Stage 2 93 octane: up to 54% HP / 50% TQ
- Stage 2 E30 octane: up to 60% HP / 55% TQ
bootmod3 app and cloud services offer many unique features not found in any other flash tune including and currently available:
- Mobile app (iOS and Android) and Web (http://www.bootmod3.net) including Windows and macOS support
- One OTS map/tune included with the purchase and any other maps labeled as “FREE”
- Datalogging hundreds of diagnostic channels, up to 70+ channels concurrently with the highest throughput and sample rates available
- Datalog sharing and charting without a need to upload to 3rd party websites or apps using the mobile app or web browser
- Cloud-based storage for map data and datalogs
- Ability to log any internal RAM variable values with a number of preset ones available
- Reverting back to stock performance map and re-locking the DME to stock programming
- Live Dash – realtime vehicle parameter monitoring via in-app gauges
- Read and clear trouble codes in all vehicle modules
- Reset learned adaptations (octane, knock, Valvetronic, etc)
- ECU power reset
- (Optional) Off the shelf (OTS) tunes for 91/93/Race gas/E85 octane (SEE HERE)
- (Optional) Custom tuning available through tuners in the bootmod3 Tuner Directory. bootmod3 contains a full map editor so you can tune your car yourself or with your local tuner of choice as well.
Some of the OTS and possible aftermarket turbo upgrade custom map features provided by the bootmod3 platform:
- Map Customization through Map Editor
- Exhaust Burble adjustments on any map (OTS & Custom)
- GTS Startup Roar
- Max Cooling Mode
- Cold start (cat heating on startup) removal for quieter cold start
- Cat efficiency check (CEL) removal for de-cat downpipes (for off-road use)
- Exhaust Flap Adjustments (Sport Mode)
- Top Speed Limiter Removal
- Electronic Wastegate (EWG) Disable
- Custom High-Pressure Fuel Pump Settings
- Exhaust OPF/PPF/GPF Removal
- Boost By Gear % Reduction
- Re-calibrated Sport Gauges on iDrive
- Maps for upgraded turbos
- E85/blend, RaceGas, and Meth Injection Tuning
- Custom Throttle Mapping
- Backend Flash Maps for Piggyback Us
Current B58 engine BMW Vehicles supported:
- 2016–2019 F20/F21 M140i
- 2016–present F22/F23 M240i
- 2016–2019 F30/F31/F34 340i
- 2016–present F32/F33/F36 440i
- 2017-present G01 X3 M40i
- 2018-present G02 X4 M40i
- 2018-present G07 X7 xDrive40i
- 2019-present G20 M340i
- 2017–present G30/G31 540i
- 2017–present G32 640i
- 2016–present G11/G12 740i
- 2020-present G14/G15/G16 840i
- 2018-present G29 Z4 M40i
Current B48/B46 Engine BMW Vehicles supported:
- 2016–2019 F20/F21 120i/125i
- 2016–2019 F30/F31/F34 320i/330i including Hybrid 330e
- 2016–present F22/F23 220i/230i
- 2016–present F32/F33 420i/430i
- 2016-present F36 420i/430i
- 2017–present G30/G31 520i/530i
- 2017-present G01 X3 20i/30i
- 2018-present G02 X4 20i/30i
- 2019-present G20 320i 330i
- 2019-present G30 520i 530i
- 2019-present G01/G02 X3/X4 20i 25i 30i
- 2019-present G05 X5 30i
- 2019-present G11/G12 730i